Tuesday, July 17, 2007

A Dedication to my Brothers

salam 3alaykum,
It has been quite a while since I last blogged, and I owe it all to my extremely hectic life!
While I was studying a few days ago - or maybe even weeks, I have completely lost track of time!- memories of the times I shared with my brothers poured in, and kept me distracted for a good whole hour or so! I then picked up my pen, and let it flow...

This first poem is dedicated to the eldest amongst us, M7ammad; a man of his word. Although he can get on your nerves and then gnaw on them relentlessly, I cannot even IMAGINE how empty life would be without him! He's really one-of-a-kind; possesses extremely extraordinary ways of showing how much he loves & cares about you, in other words....e7m...lets just say....I wouldn't want to be the guy's enemy!:p He's shockingly tolerant, and his patience exceeds all bounds. Unfortunately misunderstood by many, this Dnya has not even given him 1/4th of the treatment that he deserves. When I think of all the hardships that have befallen him, this 7deeth always comes to mind:

الدنيا سجن المؤمن و جنة الكافر

May Allah strengthen his Iman fourfold, and may he be with those of the highest ranks on Youm Al Qiyaameh; Ameen

M is for the merriment & joy he never fails to bring
U is for the uniqueness he's always representing
H is for the hope he stirs in people's hearts
A is for the anxiety people face, when with him they do part
M
is for the model he is for all generations
M is for the countless medals he deserves for his unlimited patience
A is for the adorable brother that he has always been
D is for the desires he crushes in this world, for the sake of his Deen

When I felt down, your innocence brought a smile on my face. Your brilliant sense of humor never failed to make me laugh until my sides ached. Your anger...now THAT sent me cowering in my room!:p Your patience has not been rendered useless; you will inshalla gain a tremendous reward in the Hereafter. None of us were able to give you what you truly deserved, but do not worry. Your 5aali8 will give you more than you could ever dream of inshalla. This world has wronged you in countless ways, but inshalla that will only add to your Eternal Reward.
Your the best eldest brother anyone could ever have, and I consider myself blessed to have you in my life! I have previously said a lot of nonsense in anger, but no matter what I say bro, remember that I will always love ya!

2nd Brother---> Ibrahim
I think its sufficient to say that, up until today, I don't think I have EVER come across such a man. He is of the kind who will listen patiently to everyone's problems; from a hormonal teenager to an adult facing mid-life crisis. He's loved by many, and hated by some. Those that hate him are narrow, shallow-minded creatures, who think they know all there is to know about life. Those that hate him are also those that are jealous of him, and are rightly so. After all, he mesmerizes people no matter where he goes. He leaves those ignorant, pitiful souls awe-struck when they try to argue with him, and his looks...I think those just scare them s**tless!:p If looks could kill, then he'd be behind the bars labeled as a serial killer!

I is for how irresistible his personality makes him
B is for the boldness he displays quite often
R is for the ruthlessness that empowers him when a beloved is hurt
A is for the admiration to which his hidden, soft nature gives birth
H is for the hope & happiness he's brought to people's lives
I
is for intelligence - the fuel on which he thrives
M is for the man that he truly is
And to him I'll be grateful for as long as I live!

You were always there for me when I needed you the most; when I couldn't open myself out to anyone else, you were the only one who'd patiently listen, while I drenched you in my tears. When things got rough, you were always the one to give me solace and comfort. When things seemed impossible, you were always the one to utter soothing words of reassurance. Even if what I told you, angered you and caused your blood to boil, on the surface you always maintained a cool approach. Tell me now, is there any way I could possibly pay you back for all of this? NEVER...

This post is just to say something I have not said until today to my brothers: I love you both unbelievably, and just the thought of not having you in my life is enough to bring tears to my eyes.

3 comments:

Mafia_DxB said...

Awww Allah y5alleekom lba3a'6 =( Its a touching post.

Allah ywaffeg your brothers w yej3amkom together fel ferdous el a3la with all your family ya rub =)

Anonymous said...

Tabarak Allah umm 3eesa. This post is beautiful. May allah keep you all for each other :).


SOA :D

Anonymous said...

jazakum Allah 5ayr brothers for the kind words =)

May Allah keep you two for your family, friends, & loved ones, and may He keep you all away from Evil. Ameen!