Sunday, January 6, 2008

One & Only Love

Salam 3alykm

Here's the poem I wrote on 27/12/07, past midnight...I was trying to study for my Business Communications exam, but an image kept haunting me...one that I desperately want to turn into reality: watching the sunrise, while walking on a deserted beach...either alone....or....
with the one I'm destined to spend the rest of my life with..
OK, enough mushiness :p

There's a storyline in this little piece I've written, one that I thought would be pretty apparent...but whenever people read this...sure, they ooh'd & aah'd....but then they'd ask: what does it mean? -.- So far, I think this takes 2nd place, after my poem: Fate

I couldn't think of a better title so far, but if I DO come up with another, I'll change the current one..'nough said; now, the poem...

They stroll on the beach, holding hands
He watches as her petite feet gently caress the sand
Silky brown hair frames her elfin face
Her every move is calculated, & full of grace
Her cheeks are rosy, lips pulled back in a smile
His breathing ceases, as he takes in her beauty for a while
Eyes, like those of a doe, twinkle as the first rays sleepily shine
He's dazed by the fact that she looks unbelievably divine
Her laughter rings in his ears, as her ankles are licked by waves
The resemblance is so haunting, he dizzily sways
She notices the sudden change in expression on his face
She notices happiness turn suddenly into pain & grimace
As she moves closer to him, he sees her teary, questioning brown eyes
His heart breaks as she clings onto him with all her might
He softly kisses her hair, and looks at the clear skies above
'Don't worry', he says with a trembling voice
'You're Daddy's One & Only Love'

As Mommie read this, I saw her eyes well-up with tears, but she tried to hide them. She said it was amazingly descriptive...

My Grandad passed away when I was a few months old, and she was here in AD. When she went back home, they had already buried him. She was extremely close to her Dad, and she used to pray everyday that Allah would take her back and rejoin her with her beloved father, & friend..

This piece has therefore been dedicated to the light of my life, my Mother...a woman no one can ever replace, & a woman I will forever remain in debt to...May Allah protect her from all evil & harm, Ameen.

No comments: