Sunday, April 3, 2011

Murderous Love

Salam 3lykm

Reminiscent? Yes..pretty much so. Dark, as usual..my poetry has rarely seen 'light'. I leave you with my latest, "Murderous Love". Cliche, I know..for the lack of an imagination kicked into overdrive. Forgive me this time.

I merely looked at you in admiration
Never expecting you to scar my heart
You were my 'heaven-sent inspiration'
The sweet promise of a fresh start

I hadn't expected acidic retorts
I hadn't foreseen plunging into an abyss
My positive mentality you did distort
Belief in myself I chose to desist

Your hidden resentment was my demise
Bludgeoned in my heart was your name
Stifled were my wretched cries
My attempt to love you left me maimed

Comments? Criticism? You know the drill.

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

1 comment:

Abir said...

Well I appreciate your truthful words. I really like this, and if you really think about it, nothing about life is really all that happy anyway, it's all temporary!!