Saturday, April 7, 2007

Slow Fade 2 Black

This is one of my first pieces which i wrote last summer...wuz goin thru an unbelievably rough tym..

I open a new page, crisp and clean...yet i feel confused. I want to run, I want a place where I can hide. Unanswerable questions chase me, torment me. Everytime I fall I try to get up, but one obstacle keeps me down. It's like a weight on my chest, forcing me, suffocating me, hurting me, and slowly...killing me. I'm blinded by both: the piercing glare and pitch darkness. I try to grasp, but then I stumble and fall, and everything I pain-stakingly build crumbles down, leaving me in eternal doubt. I cry out for help, but my voice is silenced by them. They do not care, they are taken by their joys, and only momentarily glance at me with hate and disgust. I want to move, but everytime I try, my attempt is deemed a failure..by that which weighs me down. I try to breathe, but the weight leaves no room. It crushes me, closes in on all sides, tries to devour me..like death. I struggle, I once again try to make a sound, but now my throat is dry. Parched, and it burns. Burns like it's on fire. Hot tears well up in my eyes, and begin their descent. I furiously shake my head yet I know I'm doomed. There's no way out. As I taste the saltiness of my tears, it fuels the fire that burns deep down in my throat. My lips, reddened by dried blood, burn as the tears of defeat caress them...then they move, forming incoherent words.

My heartbeat slows down, while my muscles tense, then relax. My raspy breathing is slowly becoming inaudible, and my spasmistic movements gradually cease. My vision - or rather, that of it which remains - is turning hazy, and I can hear the blood pulsating in my jugular vein. My cheeks feel dry and scorching hot while my throat feels like it's continously being sand-papered. My lips burn as the last teardrops meet their fate. I lie, weak and helpless....while my whole world becomes a slow fade to black.................


No comments: