Thursday, December 3, 2009

Top Fav poem: False Banners, by Bu Thyab

Salam 3lykm

I bring to you a poem, but this time...I didn't write it. In fact, I would NEVER be able to write it in a million years! It is written by an Emarati brother, who happens to be an avid blogger too. I present to you - 'False Banners', penned by 'Bu Thyab'

Persons intoxicated by delusional letters,
Inscribed into the smoke of burnt ashes,
Hallucinations of the so-wanted future,
Drawing vastly near exposing its flaws.

The house's base crumbles unconsciously,
Whilst mighty entities shift another gear,
Soaring over already-built firm mountains,
Guiding the delirious to colourful mirages.

Kind hearts buried under torrid volcanoes,
Drowning as they use worthwhile symbols,
Illuminating into the smoke of burnt ashes,
Creating antidotes curing drunken masters.

Confused, much? Doesn't make sense to you? Too complicated? Wait 'til you read the analysis which left me speechless for an awesome ten freakin' minutes! He writes:

Since the global financial crisis is caused by the greedy ***** of the world bank destroying societies that were following their 'special offers' I created my first lines of the poem whilst returning home from Maghrib prayer.

delusional letters creating delusional words producing delusional sentences/banners; referring to 'democracy', 'human rights', 'interest', etc.

Burnt ashes are the gossips/tv/media, and its smoke=its spread.

'so-wanted future' refers to a world without unjust, war or crimes; hallucinations since many innocent individuals are mislead into believing reaching such a target.

'its flaws' denotes that 'time' would show the naive persons the true nature of the world bank leaders, or businessmen generally nowadays, pretty unfortunate, but the truth tastes bitter sometimes. This demonstrates that those who claim to lead the people into a war-free world are themselves corrupt since their actions contradict their sayings.

'house'=societies/countries, which are destroyed not by its people, hence, unconsciously.
'mighty entities'=corrupted persons
'shift another gear'=going faster as if trying to evade justice (=mountains). This denotes that with their power of connections they could be above the law, manipulating it to, once again, 'guide' the 'delirious' persons to colourful mirages, or false banners: 'women's rights', 'capitalism', incl the stated above.

There are still good persons with kind hearts but find it harder for them to reach the media, hence, they are buried under hot volcanoes; i.e. the corrupted keeping those people's mouths shut.

'drowning' as in drowning into the corrupted societies involuntarily, but they still use 'worthwhile symbols', i.e. preaching to do good and to not do bad.

'illuminating into' the media illustrates the utilization of similar methods with separate messages.

'drunken masters'=corrupted persons

Total Awesomeness? I truly BELIEVE so. You'll find a lot more on his blog, which I've already linked to his alias. A very talented brother, Tabarak Ar R7maan - an inspiring poet in the making. I'm not the kind to 'sing' false praises; in fact, I can't stand those. I have ALWAYS been straight-forward; even if I don't like someone, I'll tell them on their faces. It's better than going around with a grudge against them, smiling in their faces, yet carrying a burden on your heart. One of the reasons why my Mom suggested I should be a lawyer, but then changed her mind when I suggested Criminal Law, lol.

Comments? I know you guys are WAY too lazy to do those. However, when you feel you have the 'energy' needed to click a few buttons, and punch in a few keys, leave him your thoughts on his blog. I think THIS poem TRULY deserves it, and the poet himself deserves some recognition.

PS. My fellow Readers/Bloggers: If you have a blog, write poetry, or stories and would like to share them, please drop me a line. Notice I'm not much of a 'blog reader'; I don't have time to go blog-surfin', lol! However, I love reading, and would love to take a look at others' blogs! ^_^ (Especially those related to poetry/stories!)

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

No comments: