Monday, October 11, 2010

Bitter Love

Salam 3lykm

Another poem I just wrote now; I'll keep the 'senseless jabber' to a minimum. Here you go; it's titled, 'Bitter Love'. It's about a girl who's seen everything there is to see about 'love', been hurt badly, and can only see it as something that will cause her more pain. Sound familiar?;)

I don't believe a word you say
Even though it's just a start
I know you'll walk out some day
Leaving me to nurse a broken heart

Your sweet-talk's sounding familiar
Discrediting you for lacking originality
You called my 'admirer' a failure
It looks like you're blind to reality

Right now you throw around promises
'Someday' I'll be the 'mother of your child'
I don't need to do an 'in-depth analysis'
To know all you want to do is 'get wild'

Don't play the 'marriage card', brother
It's the 'oldest trick in the book'
It doesn't take you long to find another
And let the first one 'off-the-hook'

I might have bitten into the bait once before
But I'm not foolish enough to do it again
So, all your sweet-talk I will choose to ignore
A reminder of my heartache and pain

Comments? You know what to do. I know you won't do it. :P

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again....just amazing!! very wise words =) keep it on girlll love ya :P

AbdulAziz Mohammed said...

3alikom El Salam.

Loved your poem alot, greatly written. In fact you described the typical guys approach for attaining what they desire.

Loved it alot, amazing wallah. Keep it up

MIB said...

Loved your comment very much, thanx walla!=D I was able to describe the approach only because, lil2asaf eshadeed..every single word in this poem is the truth..I've experienced it. Al7mdlla 3la kl 7aal

Bu Thyab said...

'nurse a broken heart' wow!! tabarak Allah, strong words and definately persons can feel them.

Oooh, a person gets really disappointed when the other talks illfully about another who you admire, specially it relates to Islam. Surely, that is blindness.

Its sick and sad at the same time for such people to think this way, especially when they use hadeeth for their own liking; even sometimes going over the boundary and interpret it according to their own desire. Despicable!

Sister, one thing for sure is that Allah is the razzaq, and if you truly believe that then no one can ever corrupt you. All is corrupt if Islam is not their daily life.

Allah ythabbetch denyeh wo 2a5reh!!

MIB said...

Your comment made me do a double-take, and for a minute, I thought there's something a lot more between the lines...then I remembered I'm a paranoid pessimist by nature.:P

You're 100%; w'iyak - Allahumma Ameen!

Bu Thyab said...

wat does 'double-take' mean? and if i wasn't clear about a thing or two please tell me and i'll clarify, en sha Allah!!

MIB said...

umm..it's when you look at something 'casually', then look at it again, like O_O x'D ma3arf how to explain it..for instance when ur fav car passes by, but u dont notice it at 1st thn u realize it is ur fav car? tht make sense?xD

la la, u were clear..! bs 7sait you got to the depth of the poem & u were talking abt the person's nature. tht's why I kinda went O_O for a bit.

Bu Thyab said...

haha, lol... i don't know who u're talking about, but just making generalisations

and yeah, i got it!!

continue writing poems!!

MIB said...

More like a specification walla, than a generalization..sb7analla! Very ironic @_@

Ofc ya got it; I used 'cars' as an example. (H)

Only if you continue writin' too!