Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Broken Glass

Salam 3lykm

New poem - written now in an attempt to calm myself down...

As I remove shards of glass, smashed in despair
I feel like hurting you in every possible way
The only time we're at peace is when you're not here
The mere thought of your arrival brings us dismay

As I see you working effortlessly on breaking her down
Spitting hurtful words out, as hatred burns in your eyes
In her thoughts of helplessness she will let herself drown
While you shut off everything, close her out of her room..
Satisfied.

I don't wonder why specks of crimson appear on the glass
Just like I don't wonder what could have you so wired
I know for a fact you weren't any better in the past
Intimidated by all, hated by most..but never..
Admired.

For every second she felt powerless against your cruelty
For every second she contemplated causing herself harm
For times you humiliated anyone of us - mocked us publicly
Regardless of where your family goes, people are left awestruck -
Charmed.

وَإِذۡ تَأَذَّنَ رَبُّكُمۡ لَٮِٕن شَڪَرۡتُمۡ لَأَزِيدَنَّكُمۡ‌ۖ وَلَٮِٕن ڪَفَرۡتُمۡ إِنَّ عَذَابِى لَشَدِيدٌ۬


Al7mdlla it worked - اللهم لك الحمد كمــا ينبغــي لجلال وجهك وعظيم سلطــانك

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

7 comments:

Bu Thyab said...

Wow, beautiful choice of vocabulary... it makes you live it, and woah, i feel i am affected by it!! like an aurora invading me 'making' me follow it and read it, lol!!

The feelings are pretty intense and strong, and very realistic!!!

you wrote this to calm urself down, but you only wrote a wonderful piece!!

I feel I haven't done justice to your blog since I just come once every 3-6months (v,v)...

one thing though, write more poems!!

NB. they don't have to be inspired by ur feelings =p

Bu Thyab said...

*aura rather than 'aurora'... -_-'

MIB said...

I was wondering..why an aurora? lol!x'D

Lol, this like the rest..actually took place. I don't know..I can't write 'til I'm really depressed or angry, and al7mdlla these days, I'm on this natural HIGH!=D Which is why..I haven't written as yet!x'D

I noticed, bs I'll forgive you..after all, you're a hard-working med student!:P Inshalla..will do..have been feeling 'poetic' since the past 2 or 3 days.xD

Thanks for gracing this blog with your presence once again - nawwart!^_^

Bu Thyab said...

Check my masterpiece poem's commen as I have added an explanation of the first stanza! took me a while, but I hope you would bear with me :p

MIB said...

You should know I'm only 'bearing with you' cuz I know you're a med student *hmph*

Nah, I'd actually given up hope on ever seeing an explanation to tell you the truth. Too bad, you reminded me and now I have high hopes all over again!:P

Bu Thyab said...

lol, med student <<< good excuse, works... :p

MIB said...

Not for a century, though..yeah? *hmph* Although you poor docs throw yerselves in a place that guarantees ya'll exams for life. @_@

Rabbi ywaffgk, bro..hope ya MASSACRE exams in cold-blood all your life, while helpin' savin' lives tht have not been destined to end, yet! ^_*