Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Deceiving Perceptions

Salam 3lykm,

I wrote a poem last night, and it's not one on love this time. It has been a while since I wrote a poem expressing raw, negative feelings. I can't even remember when I wrote my last poem that wasn't related to love, lol. Merely delusional, but let me enjoy it for as long as I can. ;)

The 'shine' you see in my eyes
Has a lot of people confused
They are taken by surprise
Whilst reading my depressive views

A 'twinkle'; they term the unshed tear
Having fallen for the fake smile
Their minds have steered clear
From initial doubts of an endless trial

Some seriously question my sanity
Others put-off by my erratic mood-swings
People blow the hot air of 'Humanity'
Yet judge me for every tiny thing

Emotionally drained; pierced heart
I cower away; myself I isolate
Words: poisoned arrows I pull apart
Promising myself in vain..
"You'll recuperate."

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

No comments: