Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Big Finale

Salam 3lykm,

Yes, I know. It's been a while since I last wrote any poems, to the extent that I thought I'd finally murdered the drunk 'poet' in me, but sadly...she lives. I guess she surfaces when life begins to take a toll on me, like it's currently doing right now. No, it's not because I'm married; it's because of that one person who's bound to screw up our lives for us. If you know me well enough, you'd know who that is, & if you don't, well..I'm sure there's a good reason for that, innit?

This poem's really scrambled up; a depiction of my mind, really. I don't finish processing one thought, when another begins pushing through, struggling to make it's way to my heart. Yes, I tell you..my thoughts are murderous.

I'm barely making any sense here, lol..disturbed state of mind. I leave you with, 'The Big Finale'.

I don't know where to begin
My life's now a mere blur
Suppressing feelings within
Causing my heart to falter

Painting a happy portrait
Allowing all energy to drain
Using hatred to communicate
Dousing Happiness with Pain

Patience writhes, badly inflicted
Stabbed by pain endlessly
Every breath comes out constricted
One step closer to 'The Big Finale'

It's not as good as the rest, but its worth a sh*t-load of bottled up feelings. I'm finally letting them go.

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

No comments: