Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Priceless

This was something I wrote in Rm'6an around Fajr, whilst in Makkah. It's what really broke my so-called 'writer's block', but I didn't deem it good enough to join the rest on this blog. However, while going through my phone, I decided it belongs here, along with my years-worth of mindless babble. So yeah, I leave you with 'Priceless'.

If you asked me what you meant to me
I'd be unable to give you a proper reply
Putting it in words is far from easy
And anything less would be a lie

The sun rises and sets everyday
Warmth spreads across as it shines
Yet enveloped in cold darkness, I stay
'Til your life crosses mine

If I said you mean the world to me
This world is but filth covered in gold
It knows not the meaning of eternity
And for a cheap price, could be bought & sold

Eternity is what comes to mind
As thoughts of you enlighten my heart
Having left all negativity behind
Deeming you 'Priceless' from the very start

I dedicate this to my one & only: Bu3awas.

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

No comments: