Monday, October 10, 2011

A Single Step

Salam 3lykm,

Should I start with, "I'm grateful to be alive today?" That would be very unlikely under normal circumstances, but let's just say, I am. Yesterday, it was just one step that saved my life. Literally. Again, it was Allah's Protection & Will, undoubtedly..but had I not retreated, I suppose my family would have been receiving condolences on my demise today.

Sb7analla..no life flashed before my eyes, when I saw that speeding car heading towards me. All I saw were really bright headlights, to be honest. All I could think about was, "I've not prayed elm'3arb yet, wana mb mtwa'9ia." Strangely enough, I didn't think of anyone, 'til that car whizzed past, ruffling my 3ba. I looked straight ahead and thought, "at least the hospital was close by".

It was surreal. A woman who was also waiting at the crossing shrieked, when I stepped down on the road. After all, the traffic light had turned red, and the pedestrian-crossing, green. Needless to say, as soon as the car went by, I crossed the road like nothing happened. "Like a boss." Lol, no seriously...I only realized what really happened when I came out of the shower. That's when everything hit me.

It would have been alright, I guess. Bu3awas would've been matched up with another girl, possibly a friend. Plenty'a fish in the sea, innit? My subjects would've been given to a colleague or two, &..well, my sister would finally have her own room, & maybe even her own laptop!:P Maybe the sudden death would've made my father realize the grave mistakes he's been committing, & he'd finally soften down on the family. Maybe.

Bottom line is, I'm alive. Al7mdlla. But whoever thought a single step could save a life, eh? I've heard about it, but never really gave it much consideration, to be quite honest.

I can't help wondering who Bu3awas would've married instead, though.x'$

'Til next time,

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One question: Does the gentle-Bu3awas know about this blog? :P
Because I'm sure he wudn't be too happy reading the matchmaking happenin' there =/

MIB said...

Nope, not yet..I told him abt it, obviously, though..the matchmaking.x'$