Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Nail-biting

Salam 3alykm

I'm going through a very bad stage in life right now, but anyway...Al7amdulilah. I realized today, that...ever since a very young age, I've been inflicting pain upon myself. I've always been a nail-biter, & even though I stopped on & off, I bite the skin around the nails. Yep, it sounds ultra gross, but I don't exactly eat the skin as a snack or anything. I don't realize I'm doing it; it's only when people around shout at me, I put my hand back down.

And they didn't start shouting 'til recently; so it's become a pretty bad...habit? See, the thing is..when I bite my nails, I bite them 'til the point where I draw blood. Y'all ever cut your nail(s) off so much that it hurts? Well yeah, when I nail-bite, that's exactly what my nails look like. So, I'm sittin' today..thinkin' about stuff while ripping the skin around my nails, and I don't realize that's something's wrong, 'til I see blood. THAT'S when it sorta struck me...

My hands look messed anyway, so I don't care about them not bein' 'pretty' or 'feminine'. People see my fingers and wince, and I just look at them; expression-less. I don't find anything squeamish about them, but then again...I've been workin' on my fingers for quite a long time. The only downside though, is they start bleeding all of a sudden, and I won't realize it 'til I see blood on the keyboard *happens quite often*, on my notes *yep...this one too* , or on some other surface I've touched.

I couldn't care less if men find it disgusting and/or unattractive, so telling me stuff like, 'No one will want to marry a girl with hands like yours' isn't going to make me stop. A man who marries on the basis of a girl's hands is a narrow-minded freak who I wouldn't even consider in the first place. Besides, I've seen nothing except hatred, bitterness, & depression as a result of marriage...and men? I used to say the good ones are either taken or too old; now I say, they're either ma7ram or...DEAD. 6 feet under. Most men are heartless, inhumane, egoistic CREATURES who don't give a sh** about ANYONE except themselves. Even those who claim they're 'religious'...yeah, they have their own Sharee3a...customized to satisfy their selfish wants.

I couldn't care less about what my hands look like; I love them as they are because I accomplish a LOT of work with them...as for nail-biting, I'm going through another 'stop' phase, but I'm drawing even more blood now then ever (skin ripping). Another downside is I gotta keep redoing my w'9oo2 because of the blood factor, but I guess that's cool for when I'm home...can be a slight bit of a problem at uni, though.

For those people who I've 'counseled'...please don't adopt what I DO, adopt what I SAY (when it comes to the 'depression' factor; Deen-wise, I guess I'm OK) because what I do is exactly the opposite of what I say. Soon, the tables will be turned; Y'all will be givin' ME advice on why I shouldn't give up on life, but 'til then...accept my teachings & leave me be as I am...a psychotic, nail-biter who wishes her life would cease...but then she becomes hesitant, for she doesn't know if she has enough deeds to save her from Jahannam.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

wait.. 'u've worked on them'? u almost sound.. proud of it

Ouch! [at ur comments on men being...]

I have the same mentality abt my self.
I dont care what happns to me as long as I'm breathing. I treat my body as an amusement park.

abt ur last para starting line..
... later

Anonymous said...

Well, it DID take me MANY years..considering I started when I was...hmm...5 or 6?

Yep, truth hurts..doesn't it?

Aah, remember what I said about our bodies being Amanah of Allah? *& you can't judge me...read the last paragraph -.- :p*

Unknown said...

yeah it does.. but ur last para.
latr in email :|