Monday, June 30, 2008

A Drug Addict

Salam 3alykm,

I'm back with another poem I just wrote right now. Mind you, I'm no druggie; I don't even take medicines when I NEED them, let alone practice self-medication! -.- I'm just writing random stuff - don't know where it's coming from..

At least I know that I can still write, irrespective of the quality -.- My 'poetic-ness' is a little rusty, if I may say so myself, but at least it has stuck around!

These are the thoughts of a drug addict, whose 'stock' is down to nearly nothing - the person feels like his/her world is about to end, as he/she can't think of an immediate alternative. Because the person knows very well that he/she is addicted and is at the mercy of these drugs, he/she tries to quit them...at first. Withdrawal symptoms kick in, making him/her feel utterly helpless - he/she can't do anything about it...but take more.

'Nuff said - here you go:

Is this just another mistake I've made?
Or am I just really paranoid?
Have the foundations really been laid?
Or am I the victim of a plan that's been ployed?

I tell myself I'll make through this once again
Yet, I know these are empty words meant to console
I have felt and endured the excruciating pain
Living a life stripped of both heart and soul

Will there be anyone to blame but myself
After everything has come to an end?
And will I be betrayed by my health
As deep down the spiral of depression I descend?

Once again, I'm but a victim of my mind
As it plays it's vicious games to deceive me
Is there any drug out there of the kind
That will block out reality, and not fail me?

I REPEAT: I'm NOT a DRUGGIE! >.<

Wes Salam 3lykm w Ra7matullahi T3aala w Barakateh

2 comments:

Bu Thyab said...

Tabarak Allah, I liked this poem a lot, especially this part:

Will there be anyone to blame but myself
After everything has come to an end?
And will I be betrayed by my health
As deep down the spiral of depression I descend?



its been an honour for me to be reading your poems!! thnx =)

Anonymous said...

It's been an honor for me to receive your comments <- this doesn't mean ya stop commentin', eh?! ;P

Here's somethin' to get ya thinkin'..it's NOT abt a drug addict - that's just a way of disguisin' the story ;)