Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Silent Murderer

Salam 3alykm

Well, well, well...what do we have here? Yep, I'm back with a poem that I wrote a few minutes ago. Today...I was completely messed up inside for some unapparent reason, and the second I finished writing this, I was back to normal again..Al7amdulillah. I guess I just needed to throw the feelings out, eh? *This poem is based upon a true event*

Nothing impressive, I know I've written better...but with this, I announce the end to my 'writer's block'! *And that is some sort of a relief*

She closes her eyes, forcing herself to sleep
Trying to fight away her insecurities & fears
In comparison, her attempt seems to be weak
She tastes failure in the saltiness of her tears

Her mouth feels parched as her throat burns
A throbbing headache initiates a wave of nausea
The taste of bile makes her stomach churn
As she's mercilessly attacked by all her phobias

Her ribs ache as she struggles to breathe
Desperation throws her blanket off
She's hot & sweaty, despite AC settings meant to freeze
Which on other days prove to be more than enough

Unable to tolerate anymore, she sits up in bed
Greeted by the pitch darkness that surrounds her
...And all this resulted from the thoughts in her head
The one, silent & undetected murderer

With this, I bid you all GOOD NIGHT!

Wes Salam 3alykm w Ra7matullahi T3aala w Barakateh

No comments: