Saturday, November 21, 2009

Separation

Salam 3lykm,

Yeah, I'm being very 'productive' these days, aren't I? Lol, I'm back with a poem; a very special dedication to someone very close to me...someone I love so very crazily, it hurts :'( I wrote this as soon as I woke up - slept after Fajr, around 6ish...and yeah, I surprised myself by pulling my phone out from underneath my pillow, writing this as tears blurred my world, and dampened my hair. Once again, this is another one of those poems which has been written as the situations took place. Let me tell you from now, it's not that great..but considering I wrote it even before I was fully awake is a total 'WOW' factor :P Enough rambling...I leave you with my latest, 'Separation' =)

I lay very still, holding my breath
Tears streaming freely as I hear you leave
I let you think I've been taken by the Cousin of Death
So that in solitude, over your loss I may grieve

For I know that my eyes would shed tears
As soon as upon you they would set sight
Wishing I had control over what I hear
I stifle my impulses with all my might

I want to run up to you, and never let you out that door
I want to be able to tell you that you'd never have to go away
Yet I know I would only cry a whole lot more
Adding to your already-existent pain, so here I stay

Your heart-broken messages I read again
Wishing I had the power to bring about change
Realizing that we had only dreamt in vain
Of things that were way out of our range

Relationships that seemed meant-to-be
The way our families blended seemed so right
Little did we know the power of bitter enmity
Seeds of which were sowed within a fortnight

The ends of ropes once so strong
Severed with knives and frayed
Eventually, the ropes unraveled
Leading us to this very wretched day

I pray for your company in Everlasting Gardens
The cursed will never be able to cross their Gates
The kind for which in this world lies no comparison
And where from our beloved ones we'll never separate

This is dedicated to the who has been taken away from us once before, and it is happening yet again. It is dedicated to the one who holds my hands down when I bite my nails; the one who puts my head down when I joke around in class, simultaneously trying to stifle her laugh; the one who always makes me sit right next to her, and makes sure I sit on her right; the one whose anger I've always feared; the one who wipes my tears away with her hands when I cry out of hopelessness and frustration; the one whose smile is enough to wipe away all problems in life, as her happiness is mine; the one who has the craziest ways of waking me up in the morning; the one who ignores my protests of 'it stings/burns!', and applies Athmad in my eyes, because its Sunna; the one who has always shared my taste in perfumes; the one with whom I spent the last ten days of Rama'9an, and celebrated 3eed in Madinah; and the one who would hold my hand ever-so-tightly, fearing separation as we did 6awaf this Rama'9an.

This is dedicated to my teacher of three years in 7deeth and Fi8h; my 'Best Friend Forever'; and my loving 'Sister From Another Mister':

J. Bint 3azeez Ur R7maan

I ask you all to pray that she returns back safely from the war zone she's been forcefully sent to - Bunair. The last time she went there, I never thought I'd see her face again. However, she escaped miraculously, and lived to tell of the atrocities the Pakistani government inflicted on its own civilians, under the pretense of 'eliminating terrorists'. Their house was raided by the army during Rama'9an; thankfully, no one was there. They took over, and spent nearly the whole of Rama'9an there, turning it into a temporary army post. Al7mdulillah, we were all together in Madinah at the time. She is now going to that wretched house...alone. It has been marked by the army, yet for some outrageous reason...that cursed building is the reason for which she is being thrown in the middle of a war-torn state. The very structure for which her only brother exclaimed bitterly:

'Why doesn't a missile fall on the damn thing already, and turn it to rubble?'


I request you to pray for her safe and immediate return...:'(

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

9 comments:

Bu Thyab said...

it good that i read the last bit of the post about who this poem is dedicated to before the poem itself. THIS POEM IS TRULY AMAZING. tabarak Allah.

For I know that my eyes would shed tears
As soon as upon you they would set sight
Wishing I had control over what I hear
I stifle my impulses with all my might


I pray for your company in Everlasting Gardens
The cursed will never be able to cross their Gates
The kind for which in this world lies no comparison
And where from our beloved ones we'll never separate



seriously, not only does the poem have the 'WOW' factor but also the chemical 'X'!!

Anonymous said...

Thanx walla..:')

Yeah, initially friends were like O_O who is he? >.< Gelt Allah y'3rbl ebleeskn - READ, don't ask Q's! xD

They lost interest when they found out it's a 'she' -.-

Forget the poem for now - please pray she comes back ASAP..conditions where she has gone are VERY bad..:'(

Bu Thyab said...

Allah y3eenkn wo ywaffegkn wo y7afe'6kn denyeh wo 2a5reh

Anonymous said...

w lek bel mithl - Ameen..

Bu Thyab said...

regarding ur effort in learning to write as good as me, this is ma conclusion:

first step: copy my poems
second step: paste them in ur blog

tada!! wohoo, that was easy!! lol

no, seriously... i think u ought to have a better goal, and it gotta be learning to write BETTER than me; i might be good, but not great, and i'll try my best.

Also, we should choose a good place to discuss this matter!!

Anonymous said...

lol, tra you need to set realistic goals when you plan - first i reach your level, then i climb up the ladder ;P It's all part of management - your goals need to be SMART - specific, measurable, affective, relevant, and time-restricted ;D

So you're saying my blog isn't good enuff? -.- lol, state the place and I'll be there - I want to learn how to write poems like 'The Eyes Cry'...b9ara7a, that was one helluva poem..and the one abt a sister - I wanted to steal it, brainwash you, and make you believe it was mine *hmph!* ;P

Bu Thyab said...

no i did not say anything about ur blog, lol. The reason I brought the subject over here is because I think it is a better idea to have in ur blog or create another one if u r not comfortable with it. That's why i gave u the option to choose.

If this blog is alright, then which post shall we utilise for the purpose of teaching poetry?

where u referring to the 'A Fancy Painting'?

MIB said...

madry walla - let's hijack a forum?
i dont know - is that the one?:S *checks* yeah...=)

MIB said...

Ok, I'm there!:D
Will explain why I did what I just did..bes there, lol..