Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Losing Grip

Salam 3lykm,

Here's some much-needed therapy. There is probably a height to loserdom, and I'm right up there. It feels good to write..I only wish my blog would actually talk back to me sometimes. Crazy, eh? Yeah..that's exactly how I feel. Deranged.

I am spinning out of control
Too many things on my mind
Circumstances taking a toll
I need time to unwind

One step towards total insanity
Trying desperately hard to hold on
Two steps backwards, accepting reality
Discovering I've had it all wrong

Paranoia shackles my thoughts
Mistrust causes relationships to falter
Devilish Whispers I've constantly fought
Now tighten around my neck like a halter

Who wouldn't play my heart?
Who wouldn't toy around with words?
Who would give me a fresh start?
....Or is that a lot more than I deserve?

Wes Salam 3lykm w R7matullahi T3ala w Barakateh

5 comments:

Dazzling Mage said...

Amazing poem. And it is the perfect therapy sometimes. Love the rhymes, and the last stanza is heart wrenching. Sorry for adding my input, but I loved it!

Bu Thyab said...

Great choice of words and amazing vocabulary. The idea is nice, and the first line made me think of 'circus' for some reason, and I'm thinking of writing a poem denoting 'circus', lol!! good inspiration :p

Having said that, the last stanza, in my opinion, does not seem like it goes with the rest of the poem... maybe due to the repetitive terminologies, or maybe due ot the questions brought up... I really don't know cuz I think I made a similar style in one of my poems entitled "A Lethal Fog", which many ppl thought that the questions lacked power or strength or something!!

k, done my bit... thnx for sharing, once again, liked it and the title goes well with the poem 'losing grip'.. Well done!! =)

MIB said...

Dazzling Mage: Please go ahead and add your input on every post - consider this blog your own for that purpose, lol! The lack of feedback can get to me sometimes!

Tslmain, Sweetheart! ;** <33

Bu Thyab: The last stanza ties in with the whole 'mistrust' and 'paranoia' that resulted from the 'heart being played' and 'manipulation with words'. This probably does need the analysis so it can be understood, but I'm leaving it for readers to figure it out..not a very 'direct' poem!;P

Waiting for your piece on the circus..;) Thanx for commenting, despite working with such a tight schedule!=D

AbdulAziz Mohammed said...

As i always say, let it be, let these thoughts come dont fight or resist but be aware of it and it will fade inshallah :)

i like the way u describe what ur going through ur poems...

^_^

MIB said...

Tslem bro..I really appreciate your constant support and advice! (Y)

Glad you like it!=D

Allah yjzeek kl 5ayr fdnya wl A5irah ^_^