Monday, March 5, 2012

The Others

Salam 3lykm,

It's been a rough two weeks, taking over the household while my mom was away..by her mother's side in Pakistan. My grannie returned to her Creator on the 1st of March, 2012. I believe I'm still very much in denial; my mind fails to acknowledge her demise, let alone comprehend it.

Apart from finally getting started on cooking, I've also made up my mind with regards to parenting. I'm staying outta the 'battlefield' for as long as possible; I'd like to stay 'youthful' for the first few years of my marriage, thank you very much. Parenting is what turns hair grey with worry, accompanied by prune-like skin, thanks to countless parenting woes. No sirreeee..I'd rather deal with being mistaken as a teenager, I kid you not!

Enough with that; I leave you with something I wrote before sleeping last night: "The Others"..
When all else fails, I like to find solace in solitude, lest Insanity finds me. It is only then do I realize, I am dependent on others in my pursuit of happiness..
  • Others who might shed a stray tear or two upon hearing of my demise, yet will eventually allow Time to erase all traces of me from their lives.
  • Others who will claim to love me, yet revel in glory every time they get a chance to put me down.
  • Others who will claim to hate my enemies whilst secretly fueling their fury, which will pose as the hellish lair in which I'll burn.
  • Others who will make promises lasting for eternity, only to seek subtle yet 'legit' ways to break them.
  • Others who will make me impatient with anticipation, only to take a dump on my expectations.
  • Others who will burn with agitation, 'til they see tears springing forth from my eyes.
  • Others who will set their lives aside, just to watch mine fall apart.

..And the list of these 'Others' is endless.

Why then, do I allow them the satisfaction of tampering with my happiness..? The answer is simple, really:

Merely to compensate for the happiness of those in whose eyes I'M one of the 'Others'.

لا إله إلا أنت سبحانك إني كنت من الظالمين

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allah yr7mha ♥
Another thing, you're still remembered in twitter...

-S

Bu Thyab said...

Very well written, tabarak Allah. Very meaningful, deep!

I hope I'm not one of the 'others'.

See, you're very talented, tabarak Allah... before you were on 'twitter' tablets, very high doses, so when that's gone, you're a super poet :)

MIB said...

Anonymous: Allahumma Ameen..am I, really? It's just a matter of time, though..;)

Bu Thyab: Tslem walla..to a certain extent, I think we're all one of the others in the sight of certain people..some of those who we tend to take for granted..just because they don't retaliate..

LOL, I'd say it was an intravenous injection..more like an IV, actually, dontch'a think?! I used to SLEEP TWEET, it got THAT bad.x_x

Always refreshing to see a comment from you on my posts, bro..thank you for finding the time to drop a line of encouragement & motivation, every now and then!:D